Monday, March 2, 2009

TWS

1) What was challenging about the TWS?

The most challenging thing, for me, was getting the motivation to actually work on the TWS. From what I've heard, none of us had the time of our lives doing this project and would rather be teaching students and doing lesson plans that doing TWS. I feel that the most valuable source of how we teach comes from our observations from our CFA and facilitator. Anybody can type up repetitive information the way BYU wants it, but they will not know how we teach and the relationship we have with our students from the 65 page project. Feeling it is a waste of time, I did not make it a priority until after Christmas.

2) What was valuable about the TWS?

I guess the thing that was most valuable from TWS is learning not to procrastinate and motivating myself to do something I really do not want to do. Haha, j/k. TWS helped me get a better look at how to plan a unit. It helps to have it all planned out before you teach it and to know what exactly you want the students to learn and have the lessons tied to the post-test. (I also learned that caffeinated beverages can help you stay peppy while teaching your students on an hour and a half of sleep!)

3) On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the MOST stressed), how stressed have you been about the Teacher Work Sample? Why?

Before Christmas - probably a 0 because it wasn't due until February so why stress about it! The last couple weeks before it was due, probably an 8 because obviously this is a big project that is kind of important to pass! I also have 2 roommates that are interns and their freaking out about it 24/7 definitely did not help.

No comments: