Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Teresa is a life saver!

Teresa,
Thank you so much for coming and helping me with Writer Workshop!!! It was so good seeing all the different ideas that you had. One thing that I really liked is that you had the student's share a sentence that they thought was really good in their story. As they did this it got them excited to share. This is also nice for other students who are struggling to hear all the good things their peers are writing to help them get ideas. I really liked your ideas for conferencing. I'll make sure to model and go more in depth with this. I also liked how at the end you had students share things they changed in their story. We talked about how before they come to me to cheif edit they need certain things done. I thought you said you had a check list of the things they need. If you do could I get that? I know they need to have the red/green and the conference but I'm not sure what else. Thanks again for coming in! You're an excellent teacher and my kids loved having you come in.

1 comment:

Teresa Jordan said...

Ashlee - I am going to post some writer's workshop materials on the site today.

I will get you posters that go along with what I am talking about. I'll bring them when we meet on Monday to go over your TWS.