Monday, February 2, 2009

Meredith

Hey,
It was so fun to have you in my class the other day. The kids loved bingo and they really loved the lesson on persuasive writing. We are still working on writing our letters and they have loved telling me their ideas. One student is trying to convince his parents to buy him a cow. Weird I know...but he has got some great reasons like, we'll have free milk, I can ride him to school, and he will help take care of the weed problem in our backyard.
I AM COMPLETETLY DONE WITH MY TWS. I want to get rid of it so bad. Can I turn it in early? I hate looking at it. Jk it wasn't that bad. When do I turn it in?
The next intern meeting is on February 19th right? I heard it was going to be a principal's panel. I think that will be great. I'm getting nervous about jobs next year, but I know it will all work itself out.
Do you have any great ideas for math games? I need more! I have cards and manipulatives and all sorts of things but I don't have any good ideas of what to do with them. My math class is so mix-leveled that many kids are done with an assignment way before others. I need games or extension activities for fractions. That's my biggest challenge, the broad range of ability in my math class.
Yay my first blog post. Fun! Hope to see you soon.

Meredith -P.S I made those turkey wraps from your food blog the other day and my husband will not stop talking about it.

1 comment:

Teresa Jordan said...

Meredith! Thanks for blogging! I loved your comments. Here are the answers to your questions: 1) Your TWS is due on the 25th, but I will pick yours up early and take it over to BYU. I'm so proud of you for being done!!!! The principal panel is on the 19th at Riverview from 4-5. Don't worry about jobs. Things always seem to work out. I know of one school that has 12 openings.
I am going to work on finding you some math game ideas. I have several in my files, so I'll look through those and get back to you. See you soon!

Teresa