Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Squeepers

"Squeepers"

Yesterday Teresa came in to teach my class a Utah history lesson. My grade-level uses a social studies packet which I find boring, and so do my students. I asked Teresa if she could come in a teach a cool Utah history lesson, so she taught "Squeepers". I found this lesson to be fun for my students, and I was shocked at how quickly they started working when she sent them back to their seats. We are going to finish the lesson she started yesterday today, so wish us good luck!

Ms. Camper and her class!

2 comments:

Teresa Jordan said...

I wish I had more time to teach this to your students. You can really get a lot of good information out of them if you have time to develop it. I am trying to upload the documents so they will be available to everyone.
Thanks Megan

~*Heather*~ said...

I'm curious as to what "Squeepers" is! I love it when they go back to their desks and get right to work! My class is pretty good about doing that during writers' workshop, but with everything else sometimes I feel I don't explain it well enough so they don't know exactly what to do! I agree with Teresa in that you have to develop it. At BYU I never thought I could take 45 minutes to teach a math lesson, or any lesson for that matter! It's amazing what happens!