Thursday, February 26, 2009

The TWS

Congrats everyone on finishing the biggest project ever! I haven't celebrated yet (except for going to bed on time) but this weekend is going to be the most relaxing in a long time.

1. The most frustrating thing about the TWS. Well, I think it had to be getting all of the student work and examples and such together. That took so much time!! This past week has been awful because of it. I don't even want to admit how much time it took to get everything together...it's too embarrassing. Also, just the general lack of information about it. Teresa, you were great getting us information, and all of the last-years interns were great with their examples and support. But, I think BYU needs to be better about informing their students about this project. Last, (sorry, this should only be one thing) I felt like the whole thing was very repetitive, especially the self reflection part. As an intern (I don't know how student teachers feel) I felt like the repetitive nature of the project and the amount of work we had to do was both unhelpful to me as a teacher, not as informative as it could be, and it distracted me from being as good of a teacher as I could be. I heard someone saying that the TWS should be changed into a format that is more practical so that teachers will actually use it in their teaching when creating a unit.

2. The most valuable thing about the TWS was creating my own test. I've gotten all of my tests from other teachers, and it was nice making my own. Man-that takes a lot of work!

3. I think I would rate myself at a 9. I get stressed out about things-especially those things that determine graduation. Also, the last formatting and scanning things just took so much time that I didn't have time for anything else. When all you do all night is scan you are not happy. I think my students have noticed.


Rachel

No comments: